Living, Learning & Loving La Vida Nueva

Friday, September 30, 2011

True Love

Yesterday as I was baking in the kitchen, I heard precious baby in the living room fussing.  When I finished was I was doing, I went in to get him and put him down for his nap.  I found him sitting in his daddy's lap.  His hair was wet so I thought, and even said, "Oh, he's sweating."  Jonathan corrected me, and I looked up to see tears running down his face.

As I rocked and nursed sleepy baby, I sat stroking his wet, salty hair and thanking God for that one-of-a-kind man.  I thank God for tears which my husband doesn't hold back as he is overwhelmed with love for his son.  Jonathan's heart is so deep and complex, I know I am just scratching the surface of understanding it after three years of knowing him.  He is a challenge to me.  He is a comfort to me.  He is an exceptional father.  Undoubtedly, Kyle will love him more and more as he grows and learns what a godly man he can call Dad.

Real men cry.  I married a real man.  


How am I so blessed to live with these two?


-Abby

No comments:

Post a Comment