Living, Learning & Loving La Vida Nueva

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

"My world from a mile high, best seat in the house tonight..."




I love the sky, city lights, sunsets, a cool breeze, and gazing into the distance as far as my eyes can see.  I love to stare into blue skies and imagine God, in all His glory, looking down on me.  I also particularly enjoy watching clouds, birds and airplanes. So, where better to come than...


Up on the Roof


Oh there is still noise - taxi horns, dogs barking, hammers, children's screams and giggles, birds chirping, the constant stream of cars going by on the roads below.... But, there is also a peaceful serenity up here.  

The roof is an ideal locale to pray, think, sing, study Spanish, read and relax. 

I pray for all the people who are going through life without hope, without purpose, without Jesus.  Just as "the Son of Man came to seek and to save the lost," (Luke 19:10), I pray we will reach them with the gospel and that God will save them.

"Looked down from a broken sky
Traced out by the city lights
My world from a mile high
Best seat in the house tonight

Touched down on the cold black top
Hold on for the sudden stop
Breathe in the familiar shock
Of confusion and chaos
All those people going somewhere, 
Why have I never cared?
Give me your eyes for just one second
Give me your eyes so I can see
Everything that I keep missing
Give me your love for humanity
Give me your arms for the broken hearted
Ones that are far beyond my reach.
Give me your heart for the ones forgotten
Give me your eyes so I can see."
(Lyrics by Brandon Heath)
My God is the Author of beauty.....

Can't find me? 
Up on the Roof...
~Abby

5 comments:

  1. Love! I am really enjoying sharing this journey with you through your blog. I am very proud of the woman you are becoming.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous pics. Beautiful lyrics. Precious heart. I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful sky....."The heavens declare the glory of God!" God bless you and Jonathan as you long for Him and long to serve others because of your great love for Jesus!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Abby, I am so proud to call you cousin! What a wonderful life you are living.

    ReplyDelete
  5. No pressure. But tomorrow will be a month since your last blog. Oh no. I sound like G~mama....

    Miss you and your posts.

    ReplyDelete