Living, Learning & Loving La Vida Nueva

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Sweet Home Alabama

A couple weeks ago, we drove over to Alabama to my birth place of Decatur and spend the night with my aunt.  The next morning we met up with Dad St.Clair, Charity, Christopher and Melody on their way back down to Pensacola for a new school year.  It was supposed to be a surprise, but since the Saints are always surprising, everyone is always anticipating one.  They knew their normal route from Missouri down to Florida didn't go through Alabama, and they also knew that I have an aunt in Decatur.  Charity began to catch on the night before we met up.  Nevertheless, they were surprised to actually find that their suspicions were correct.  We ate breakfast together, caravanned over to Birmingham and lunched there together as well.  They were in a hurry to get back to school, since all three "kids" (as they are affectionately called by the rest of the family, although two of the three are older than I am) needed to attend an RA meeting that evening.  So, after lunch we parted and went our separate ways.  As always, we didn't have nearly enough time together, but we are so glad that the twins got to meet Kyle.  We are all looking forward to Christmas, when we'll have more than a few hours to spend catching up.  Because time was so short, I put the camera away after the initial meeting.  Here are the few photos I got.


Can't you just hear Charity saying, "I knew it!"?



It's really sad the lack of attention he suffers.


Uncle Christopher with Kyle, who is slightly more interested in PaPa's Dr. Pepper can.


"I love my family!"

~Abby

No comments:

Post a Comment