Living, Learning & Loving La Vida Nueva

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Simple Joys

I always like to have something to be excited about.  Whether it's a date night with my honey, a yummy dinner, clean sheets or a big trip, I am constantly looking forward to something.  Believe it or not, often times I am anticipating something edible.  I decided to steal my mom's idea of short posts on the little things in life that make each day special.  She and I like to refer to these simple pleasures as "happies."  For my first happy, I am sharing with you my new favorite sweet treat.

Mascarpone cheese.  This light and fluffy italian sweet cream cheese is simply delightful spread atop a piece of toast with a drizzle of honey.  Located in the specialty cheese case near the deli in good old Wally-world, it boasts a slightly steep price tag.  However, I am able to stretch a tub of this yummy goodness over quite a few occasions and I don't exactly use it sparingly.


I prefer using Sara Lee's soft sourdough but any bread will do.  Paired with a mug of OJ (yes, I drink my OJ out of a mug because it makes me happy) this makes a delicious snack, or in my case, lunch.


-Abby

No comments:

Post a Comment