Living, Learning & Loving La Vida Nueva

Friday, August 12, 2011

Jonathan's Birthday

My favorite man left me behind and entered into his 30's this week.  I have a long way to go before I catch up with him there.  It doesn't bother me, though, because I still think he's the best looking old guy I know.  For Jonathan's birthday, he requested a dirt cake with gummy worms.  I had plenty of help making this decadent dessert.  While Kyle was napping, I put loud very energetic little brother on crushing Oreo cookies.  Outside.


As you can see from the photo above, he thoroughly enjoyed this task.


Meanwhile, cut up the butter and cream cheese and let them soften on the counter.  Add the powdered sugar and mix until smooth.


Oreos sufficiently mangled.


Mix pudding packets, milk and whipped topping.


Combine pudding mixture with butter, powdered sugar and cream cheese combination.


Holly helped me layer the pudding with crushed Oreos, adding the gummy worms in between each layer.

Dirt Cake

20 crushed Oreo cookies
One package gummy worms

1/2 C butter, softened
8 oz package cream cheese, softened
1/2 C confectioner's sugar

Combine above ingredients in a medium size bowl until smooth.

Two 3.5 oz packages of pudding. (I used 1 vanilla and 1 chocolate)
3 1/2 C milk
One container of whipped topping

Mix pudding, milk and whipped topping until creamy.

Incorporate both concoctions together.  Layer pudding, Oreos and gummy worms in a flower vase or pot.

Next, I located a very cute baby, just up from his nap and had him assist me in making a card for the birthday dad.


Almost ready....



Happy birthday to my wonderful husband!  I hope it was the best one yet.  Kyle and I love you so much!

-Abby 

No comments:

Post a Comment