Living, Learning & Loving La Vida Nueva

Thursday, October 13, 2011

Lunch in the Mess Hall

This past weekend my extended family enjoyed our annual themed reunion.  We're weird; we know it and claim it.  Personally, I love it and delight in the uniqueness of our tradition!

The theme this year was Boot Camp and we did everything military you can think of:  food, costumes, games, activities, obstacle course, face painting and crafts to name a few.


(In case you didn't believe me about the costumes....)

On Saturday afternoon, we enjoyed a picnic lunch outside eating roasted torpedos (hotdogs), battlechips.... You get the picture.  Kyle had a grand time eating his lunch on an old quilt in the grass.


Every time I give him a bite, I open my mouth, too.  I know I do it, but can't stop unless I concentrate really hard, which I obviously wasn't when Jonathan snapped this photo.


"Yum!"




What is that mush he's eating?

Bananas, pears, plums, peaches, green beans, squash, carrots and sweet potatoes.

Whoa.

Well, I bagged his fruits and veggies in separate baggies for the trip up there, but the cubes melted and mingled so...... I figured...... What can it hurt? I mixed them all together and he didn't seem to mind a bit.

He loves food, much like his daddy.... And Mama.  And we love him, in case you haven't noticed.

~Abby

No comments:

Post a Comment