Living, Learning & Loving La Vida Nueva

Saturday, October 29, 2011

Life Update....

I can hardly believe that our long awaited family vacation is coming to a close.  Ryan left last night; Brad, Hannah and Lacy left this morning.  Tomorrow morning, we all drive out to head home.  It has been a week to cherish, that is for sure - our first family vacation since 2004.  That means this is the first vacation Maggie, Jonathan, Kyle, Caleb and Hannah have ever spent with us.  It is also the first true vacation Jonathan and I have spent together since our honeymoon.  We haven't driven down our mountain to do much of anything and have daily enjoyed gazing out the windows at the autumn leaves, hanging out in the hot tub, playing games, eating yummy food and roasting s'mores on the outdoor fireplace.  Having twelve people all together in one big house is always a riot!




Our only family adventure to pick apples....Only apple picking was closed so we just bought some other people had picked.

Our interview with AIM went well last weekend and we are looking forward to more correspondence with them.  We were encouraged to hear their thoughts regarding us.  We did find out, however, that in order to be placed with AIM, I will have to take a number of online Bible courses.  While I am excited about learning more biblically through these classes, that leaves us with some decisions to make regarding our family and finances.  I am not sure how I'm going to manage juggling my daily routine along with GA coordinating and nine Bible courses. Working at my most diligent pace, I expect it will take me at least a year to finish all nine courses.  I am not discouraged because I truly believe that this time we are spending here is greatly beneficial to our marriage, walk with the Lord, investment in Kyle's life and learning to be his parents.  Remaining stateside for another year or more, however, leaves us in a difficult situation financially.  Please pray with us as we navigate the situation the Lord has us in.

Mothering Kyle is a greater joy than I ever imagined.  It is hard to trust God to take care of him when I can't see how it's all going to work out.  I am thankful he doesn't have to worry about any of the burdens of this world yet.  I will happily carry them for him.  He seems blissfully happy and worry-free, don't you think?



Pure love.

~Abby

1 comment: