Living, Learning & Loving La Vida Nueva

Monday, October 10, 2011

Crinkle Cookies

Realizing I didn't have any chocolate in the house (a tragedy which must soon be rectified), I turned to this favorite cookie for an afternoon snack.  Ginger Crinkles are something I remember from throughout my childhood (not that it has been that long ago), especially around Christmas.  I realize we aren't exactly on Christmas' doorstep just yet, but I am excited about this cooler weather, I wanted something to remind me that it is, in fact, on its way.

Since my mama already beat me to blogging this recipe, I won't bother to type out the specifics.  I will, however, share a few photos with you to get you lickin' your chops and convince you to get in the kitchen and make these!

Mix together wet ingredients in your most fall-ish bowl.  This one I purchased yesterday at Dollar General and it makes my heart oh so happy to use it.


Pause to adore your best kitchen help.


Next, mix together dry ingredients.  When those are done mingling, you can add them to the liquid.


Roll little dough balls in sugar and line 'em up to go in the oven, which you preheated to 350 degrees.


...Kitchen help eventually lost interest in his feet, so he went to play with Dad instead...




Wait ten minutos while cookies bake and they'll be perfectly crinkled when they come out, begging you to eat one.  So, eat one....


Or two....

Happy baking!

~Abby

1 comment:

  1. Mmmm. I think today is a perfectly wonderful day for a batch of these!

    ReplyDelete