Living, Learning & Loving La Vida Nueva

Friday, April 27, 2012

Lazy Days


Kyle and I spent the past few days at the beach visiting my grandparents.  We did little more than sit in the living room in our jammies, playing with toys and looking out the glass doors at the ocean.  We only ventured off the North Carolina island a couple times to visit a few thrift stores on the mainland where we found some really great deals!



Kyle journeyed out on the patio once or twice to get a better glimpse of the crashing sea, hear the birds and smell the salty air.


It was a bit chillier than we expected for this late April vacation, so we didn't get to spend much time outside at the pool or beach.  Occasionally, we walked down to the indoor pool.  I bought Kyle a floaty ring which made him much easier to manage in the water.  We enjoyed "vroom vroom"ing like a boat and chasing Uncle Caleb and Aunt Maggie around the pool!  Of course, I don't have a photo of that as it is very difficult to get take photos whilst in the pool so this is the best you get.....


.....Can you hear Kyle saying, "ball!" here?  Still his favorite and only intelligible word. 


Caleb forgot his blue goggles in the condo thus the pink ones he found on the side of the pool...

Buddha Baby
Even a lazy week at the beach beckons for at least one good photo shoot.


"Mom, what is this stuff?!"


"Oh, I'll throw it in my hair!"


"I think I'll try eating some, too."


"Bleh! This stuff is terrible!"


"Okay, I'll just smile for the camera."

I love this one with his little tongue sticking out!

His outfit is one I bought at the First Baptist consignment sale this spring.  Five bucks brand new with the tags still on! It is so soft and sweet - just like him.


Lest you think I made this boy play in the sand wearing church shoes.... We eventually ditched the footwear and let him dig his fat little toes in the sand.






Visiting my grandparents at the beach is something I look forward to for months beforehand.  We have been going to this beach condo for about as long as I can remember and I have many fond memories there.  I know it is a true blessing for Kyle to get to spend time with his great-grandparents.  Now I'll be looking forward to November.....

~Abby

1 comment:

  1. Your commentary made me LOL....still the cutest baby ever!

    -HT

    ReplyDelete