Living, Learning & Loving La Vida Nueva

Monday, April 23, 2012

Happy Enstallment

Meet my breakfast bowl.  It is bright and cheery and brings me much delight morning after morning!  The best part about it?  I only paid three bucks for it at TJMaxx a few months ago.  If I can figure a way to cushion it securely in my suitcase, it will likely make the trip across the pond with me next year.  Isn't it purdy?


They say, whoever they are, that breakfast is the most important meal of the day.  I don't know how they figure that precisely but I will say that, for me, breakfast is consistently tasty.  That's because I have eaten the exact same thing with very few exceptions for at least a year now.  Probably I'm saying more about myself than I truly care to share..... I am without a doubt a creature of habit.  You can interpret that as boring.  I can branch out, if necessary, but my theory is why change a good thing?  It takes positively no brain power in the morning, it's delicious, and cheap.  


Thus Vanilla Almond Awake greets me every morning when I open my cabinet.   While I have tried the brand name and although I may get in a lot of trouble with my Kellogg friends (Sorry!), I still prefer the Wal-Mart version.  It has actually become a joke, because whenever I am in Wal-Mart, which I try to keep at a minimum, I pick up anywhere from two to five boxes of this stuff.  I have been known to hide keep a box at my parents' for when I eat breakfast over there.


Complemented perfectly by fresh strawberries, bananas, and peaches if they are in season, this slightly sweet and crunchy almond sprinkled cereal is my favorite.  If you can, try it with some fresh raw milk.  Interested?  Let me know and I can get you the contact information for our cow friend, Rose.


One of life's many simple pleasures: tasty breakfast eaten out of a cheerful bowl.  The wonderful way I start my day!

~Abby

No comments:

Post a Comment