Living, Learning & Loving La Vida Nueva

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Tea and Cookies


Being raised in the south, I came to love sweet tea at an early age.  I used to make a pitcher often and drank it constantly.  Since going off caffeine almost completely two years ago, I haven't had more than a sip or two of coke or tea.  This afternoon, as I was hunting for a snack, I poured a small glass of some tea I made for Jonathan and grabbed a few ginger snaps.

Instantly, I was reminded of this perfectly sweet and spicy combination I discovered years ago.  As a gingersnap lover, I have tasted many different varieties.  I love ginger crinkle cookies also, but there is something wonderful about the hard crunch of one of these tasty cookies which come in a brown bag.  Today mine are from Aldi; I find that they are just as good as the best I've had and much better than the Wal-mart brand (no surprise there!).  



Some days just call for a tasty afternoon snack.


~Abby

1 comment:

  1. Mmmmmmm. You're right. The Walmart brand is gross. I miss the brown bag variety. My drink of choice??? A glass of Rose's fresh milk!

    ReplyDelete