Living, Learning & Loving La Vida Nueva

Monday, October 3, 2011

Happy Birthday, Mama!

Today is my sweet mother's birthday.  She wouldn't be too happy with me if I told you exactly which birthday she's celebrating.  It doesn't matter, though, because she is still young and beautiful in my mind.  I know our whole family would agree.  

She is the glue that holds our family together.  We look to her for advice, love,  and comfort.  She counsels her adult children while she still plays good guys vs. bad guys with her five year old.  She is a Proverbs 31 woman and I aspire to be like her.

Mom with all her girls minus Hannah.

Holding Kyle for the first time.

With my dad in Hawaii.

Holding Holly a few months after she came to us.

With oldest daughters, just after Brad and Hannah's engagement.

Mom with Brad at the zoo (where he belongs).

All of Mom's grown kiddos.

Packing Maggie during her adoption from China.

Blowing bubbles with Caleb in China.

We love you, mama! Hope today is extra special.
~Abby

No comments:

Post a Comment