Living, Learning & Loving La Vida Nueva

Monday, October 25, 2010

Devos with Jade

I am fully aware that I have about a four track mind right now.  The vast majority of my thoughts are consumed by but a very few things.  Baby, kitty, food and sleep - pretty much in that order.  My husband reminds me of this quite often.  Thus, you may be seeing some very clear patterns in my blog posts.  Do forgive my repetitiveness.  If you are bored by hearing about the baby growing in my belly, my intense need for extra calories, or my adoration for a certain black feline, you might as well check back in about 5 months for posts about things that might interest you more.  I will ask tomorrow about whether or not I am allowed to bring a camera into Christ Central, so I can post about what we've been able to do there as we wait for answers regarding future ministry options.  If that would interest you more, do check back.

That being said, I will proceed with my purpose for writing this post.

I've never been one to make New Year's resolutions.  They never seem to work out too well for me.  But, as January rolled around for 2010, I made the resolution, or commitment if you will, to read the Bible every day.  That may sound like no huge task to many of you.  However, I will admit to letting life get in the way far too often in recent years.  Being an unashamed nonreader, it is not, or I should say was not, my most favorite thing to do.  I now very much look forward to climbing into bed at night and snuggling up with my Bible.  I am even enjoying reading the Old Testament.  

Many times in the past I have started to read the whole Bible through, start to finish.  I have failed every time.  If I ever got much past Genesis 17, I'd be surprised.  I used to just hop around the New Testament and Psalms.  Growing up we did family Bible studies regularly during the week, and always read from both the Old and New Testaments.  So, many of the stories I am coming across are familiar to me, however some of them have been brand new.  In an attempt to not start in Genesis and fail again, I started in the New Testament and bounced around book to book until I finished everything except Revelation.  I plan to do an in-depth study of Revelation, as it is a very detailed and at times difficult to understand book.  Now entering into the middle of the Old Testament, I am really appreciating reading about the kings and Israel.  During my time in the law books, I had to add a little joy in my reading so I read Psalm at the same time.  

It doesn't hurt that I have a sleepy little reading buddy.  Sometimes she comes and curls up with me as I read.  Other times, I have to scoot her over and out of my spot so I can get in the bed, too.  Regardless, she is attentive occasionally and I believe, learning as much as can be expected.


More typical is a position like this one:


However she wants to learn is fine with me.  I'm still trying to get her to fall asleep on it, hoping that maybe she'll absorb some into that fur brain of hers. 


At the very least, she's pretty.

That's all for now, folks.  My baby really likes banana pudding.
~Abby

No comments:

Post a Comment