Living, Learning & Loving La Vida Nueva

Sunday, July 8, 2012

My Heart

"Delight yourself in the Lord, and he will give you the desires of your heart." Psalm 37:4

One of the deepest desires of my heart was fulfilled today.  While at the sight of it I felt like dissolving into sobs, I managed to maintain reasonable composure.  My heart is rejoicing and I am indescribably thankful for this answer to my prayers.

Since we began the process of adopting Holly nearly ten years ago, she has held a special place in my heart.  She is an absolutely delightful young lady to be around, full of joy and laughter.  She is kind and helpful and truly a gem in our family.

I began praying a few years ago that I would be here to see Holly profess faith in Christ and be baptized.  When I moved away and she still hadn't made any such decision, I began to lose hope.  While I didn't doubt that it would happen eventually, I figured it was nearly impossible that I would be there to witness the event.  I assumed I would hear of it via my mother and I would be happy and sad at the same time.

About two years ago, Holly (and Maggie, together) did pray to receive Christ and I rejoiced with her in that decision.  She wasn't, however, ready to make it public as she is timid and shy.  Earlier this year, Maggie decided she was ready to be baptized and so she was.  Holly remained quiet and didn't talk much about it.  Of course we didn't want to force her into anything she wasn't ready to do on her own.  And so, although I have continued to pray that I would be able to witness her baptism, I figured it could've been years further down the road before she would proclaim her faith publicly.

However, out of nowhere this morning, she decided to walk forward in front of the church and request baptism.  I am so proud of her for her boldness and confidence!  I am so thankful that no one pressured her at all and she came to the decision completely on her own.

Today marks another day where I have seen God answer the specific prayers of my heart.  I am so thankful!

October '08

Wedding Week '09

Thanksgiving '08

I love you, Holly Faith!  You are a treasure in my life.  I am so proud of you!
~Abby

No comments:

Post a Comment