Living, Learning & Loving La Vida Nueva

Friday, July 27, 2012

Making Progress

Life is busy over here.  Jonathan is over half way done with his first semester with Liberty and it is kicking him at the moment.  Between working full time, taking nine credit hours, being a husband, father and trying to raise support, he isn't sleeping much.  I'll be glad when this semester is over; I know he will, too.

I've starting cleaning two houses weekly to try to help supplement our income a little.  I'm thankful for free babysitters (thanks, Mom!).  After completing eight online classes, I only have one left to finish before I'm d-o-n-e, done.  I plan on treating myself to something chocolate when that happens.  Although I'd like to get this last class out of the way, I may end up waiting until Jono finishes his classes.  It'd be a little difficult to keep up with Kyle baby if we're both preoccupied with studies.  I am also continually trying to set up meetings for support raising.  We are making great progress and (we believe) are still on track to leave in January.  Of course, it is still difficult not knowing whether or not we will be leaving, but with about 64% of our monthly and 44% of our outgoing expenses raised, it is looking promising.

And then there is Kyle.  He is always busy.  From the moment his two fat feet hit the floor in the morning until the second he climbs in the rocking chair, arms full of books, to snuggle before going to sleep, he is a busy little bee.  Fortunately, he takes about a three-and-a-half- to four-hour break in the middle of the day to recharge.  That is nice.  But, he keeps me on my toes (literally) when he is awake! 


A little over a month from now the three of us are packing up to go back to Mexico to visit our church there.  This will be, I believe, the first vacation we've taken as a family.  In fact, I think it will be the first vacation Jono and I have ever taken "by ourselves" besides our honeymoon.  We will spend the first two nights of our stay on the hotel zone and the other five nights will be spent with friends in real Mexico.  I can't wait.  I'm a little nervous about speaking Spanish again after being away for two years. I anticipate being highly frustrated at how much I knew how to say but can't now.  I often find that to be the case when I am trying to think in Spanish.  Nevertheless, I can't wait to see our friends there and tell them all about our plans for Africa!  And, of course, a day on the beach will be much welcomed as well.  Soon I'll post about some of the many things I am looking forward to in Cancun!

~Abby

1 comment:

  1. We are praying for your fund raising, Abby. We're happy to hear it's going well. Please add us to your newsletter list- patdexter@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete