Living, Learning & Loving La Vida Nueva

Saturday, June 30, 2012

Alive

No, I didn't die from heat stroke.  Although, today it seems possible.  Having grown up solely in the South, I am still not at all a fan of the heat.  It never bothered me much until we moved to Mexico.  Stepping outdoors there could be likened to stepping into an oven.  Since then, I am increasingly against the heat.

When we began discussing Africa as a life plan, I must admit that hot temperatures came immediately to mind.  Certainly, I could deal with it.  But, I don't enjoy the heat.  In fact, on the contrary, I loathe the heat.  I sincerely believe I should've been native to northern Russia.  Nevertheless, I accepted that it would be hot, and tried to buy into the idea that it would be "dry heat."

But, God has such a way of working all things out. The assignment about which I am dying to tell you but cannot yet is, as you may have seen here, in the mountains.  It is cool there.  Cold, in fact.  I love cold.  We are really good friends, me and cold.  I love all things having to do with cold: blankets, hot cocoa, fires, snuggling, sweaters, and I am even becoming a fan of soup.  I am giddy that we have been led to a place where we shouldn't often deal with sweltering heat.

Speaking of our assignment, we are ready to take it!  Our 'advisor' if you will, is out of the office until late next week.  At that point, we should be able to finalize it and then tell you all about it.  I truly feel a calm about it and I'm really excited!

~Abby


No comments:

Post a Comment