Living, Learning & Loving La Vida Nueva

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Playful Puppies

Smocking is my new favorite pass time.  I've now smocked two plates for my sweet baby.  I'll start my third tomorrow....

(The first outfit I smocked for him.)

Fortunately for me, I have a master seamstress for a mom who can sew these plates into outfits.  While we worked on this most recent outfit, I watched almost the whole time.  With the next one, I hope to do most of the sewing myself.


The smocking itself is easy really, if you can follow the instructions.  It's mainly a lot of counting and lining up stitches with other rows of stitching.  This plate was more complicated than my first one.  Having two toned puppy dogs meant I had to juggle two separate flosses at the same time.  It wasn't too bad, though, and I only had to take out stitches occasionally.  


I completed these playful puppies while listening to a few of my lectures for the Bible classes I'm taking. More difficult plates are in order now because I'm afraid I can smock faster than Mom can find time to help me sew outfits! 

Must learn to sew for real.


Aren't they cute?!
 -

Now they are in an outfit...


...Ready for an adorable baby boy...


...Found one!


Um, yeah, I could eat him.

~Abby

1 comment:

  1. Not if I eat him first!!! He is so adorable...like male cheeleeda o modol...

    :)

    ReplyDelete