Living, Learning & Loving La Vida Nueva

Friday, February 11, 2011

Homemade Double Doozies

Earlier this week I asked my husband if he had ever had a Double Doozie from the Great American Cookie Company.  Much to my surprise, he replied negatively.  So, when I was at the mall yesterday, I stopped by the GACC to purchase a couple mini ones for our Valentine's dessert.  After hearing the woman in front of me ask for the price of a plain old cookie and nearly gulping out loud, I stepped out of the line.  I decided there was no possible way I would pay upwards of astronomical for a cookie.  Instead, I would recreate them at home and have extras to share.

Here is what I was aiming for:


I am aware that mine are not quite as beautiful, but I would contend that they are equally as delicious!


I made some miniatures and some full size.  All I did was follow the cookie recipe on a bag of Nestle chocolate chips and substituted M&Ms for the chocolate chips.  For the icing I followed this recipe:

1/3 C softened butter
3 C confectioners sugar
1 1/2 t vanilla extract
2 T milk

Beat the butter and sugar together. Add the vanilla and milk and beat until smooth.

Gonna be amazing.  Hope my Valentine loves them as much as I love him.


~Abby

1 comment:

  1. I shall comment so you have more that 0 comments....

    These were really good. Outrageously good. If I didn't have to fit in a mother of the groom dress in a few weeks, I would have eaten about 13.5 of them.

    ReplyDelete