Living, Learning & Loving La Vida Nueva

Thursday, August 19, 2010

Baby Saint

In case you've been hiding out under a rock for the last month and a half....

We're gonna have a baby!

(For the purpose of not making our baby sound like an object, I will refer to "it" as "him" in this post.  However, we do not yet know the sex of the baby.)

J and I went to the Doc for the first time today to check out how Baby Saint is growing in there.  Looks like we are going to have our hands full.  This came as no surprise to me and really only confirmed what I've already been expecting.  He was swirling and twirling around so much the Dr. could barely catch his heart beat.  But, alas, we were able to hear a few little beats and it made my eyes sweat.  Actually, they started sweating when I first saw how active he is in there!  At 12.5 weeks I can't feel anything except nausea, and I had no idea he'd be bouncing around already.  It really seemed like we were looking in on a pre-birth aerobics class.  I'm just going to pretend he's getting all his energy out now and will be a precious, tranquil angel when he makes his appearance. 

Ha! 


The Doctor said everything looked perfect.  I thought, "Yay, I'm a good mom!"

Needless to say, Jono and I are excited, even more so now after seeing him.  The only screen I was really able to understand was when the Dr focused on the legs.  When he said, "This is the face." I thought, "That looks like a grainy alien."  And when he said, "Those are the feet." I thought, "I don't see anything except blur."  But, I caught the legs.  Little scrawny things they are. 

Although I'd like to say, "I can't wait to meet our baby," it wouldn't be a truthful statement.  The truth is, I'm glad we have to wait.  I feel like I have so much I need to learn.  I only know how to take care of 2 year-olds and kittens.  Bring on the books; I have so much to cover these next 6.5 months!  J assures me if I can just get the baby out, he'll take care of the rest.  But, I'm not so sure..... He appears to be lacking some of the necessary equipment.

For now, I think I'll just sit here and stare at the picture of our baby.  It makes my eyes sweat.  I might just sleep with it tonight.  


(You can click on the picture and make it larger if you're so inclined.)

"For you formed my inward parts; you knitted me together in my mother's womb. I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Wonderful are your works; my soul knows it very well. My frame was not hidden from you, when I was being made in secret, intricately woven in the depths of the earth. Your eyes saw my unformed substance; in your book were written, every one of them, the days that were formed for me, when as yet there was none of them."
Psalm 139:13-16 ESV


~Abby

2 comments:

  1. oh Abby, I just want to hug and hug you. You make my eyes sweat. If you have 10 children you will love and want them all but you can never replicate the experience of carrying your first child, of the time when you become a mother. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's my sweet "Blueberry!" Hey, maybe you'll feel "him" move while you're home!

    ReplyDelete